Santo Trueno, TX
Santo Trueno was a small settlement founded by Spanish missionaries in 1519. Reportedly, the missionaries were led rather astray by native guides, who likely hoped some elder god would step in to save them from their conquerors.
There are indications that one may have, as Santo Trueno means “Holy Thunder”, with claims that it was so named in honor (or despair) of the Aztec god of thunder.
By the early twentieth century, Santo Trueno had prospered and begun expanding. Now, seven years after the Melding, it is a thriving city of some 200,000 souls, located 70 miles west of San Antonio.